Parent Led Learning Support Groups
The Parent Led Learning Support Groups provide an opportunity to teach Makaton and Numicon to parents and carer’s who can then go home and teach their children.
We hope this will result in providing more families with the necessary skills to promote and develop better communication skills for their children with Down’s syndrome who can then have the opportunity of living life more independently.
These FREE sessions are are held once a month in 4 different areas of the County.
We also aim to be topical and focus on signs etc for certain times of the year such as Christmas and Easter etc. plus we also welcome ideas and feedback from parents and carer’s to make the learning support groups both fun and educational!
We look forward to welcoming you, please book via Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer general groups where parents and carers can meet up and have a chat with their children:
The idea behind these groups was simple:
Share our knowledge and teach other parents and carers in our group!
Learning Support Group Camborne
- Every last Friday of the month
- 12 – 2pm
- Kehelland Village Hall, Kehelland, Camborne, TR14 0DD
Learning Support Group Crackington Haven
- 1st Thursday of every month
- 11 – 1pm
- Crackington Institute Village Hall, Crackington Haven, Bude, EX23 0JL
Learning Support Group Roche
- 1st Tuesday of the month
- 12 – 2pm
- The Dennison Centre, Roche CP school, Fore street, Roche, PL26 8EP
Learning Support Group Redruth
- 3rd Wednesday evening of every month
- 7 – 9pm
- Gwealan Tops, School lane, Redruth, TR15 2ER
People’s Health Trust sponsors our learning support work